Breaking The Status Quo
Needing additional resources to invest in your employee benefits programs?
Laser focused on reducing costs and increasing protection for your employees?
We thought so, which is why we established BeneRe.
Average Employee Cost Decrease
Average Annual Member Distribution
Employees Receiving Benefit Improvements
These supplemental benefits deliver far greater financial protection than dental & vision insurance...
- Provides lump-sum payment directly to the employee for injuries resulting from a covered accident.
- Covers items such as: broken bones, concussions, ambulance, stitches, burns, and more.
- Helps employees pay for their out-of-pocket expenses likes deductibles and copays.
- Provides lump-sum payment directly to the employee upon diagnosis of a covered illness.
- Covers items such as: heart attack, stroke, cancer, Alzheimer's, loss of sight, and more.
- Helps provide employees financial security and extra money to pay for items such as: mortgage, lawn care, childcare, and more.
- Provides cash benefits directly to the employee upon admittance into the hospital for a covered stay.
- Covers hospital stays for labor and delivery, surgery, accidents, and more.
- Helps employees meet the unforeseen costs associated with a hospital stay.
...but supplemental benefits have rewarded the insurance industry more than employees for far too long.
This. Really. Happens.
The traditional model is complicated by compensation
For employers who are laser-focused on fiduciary stewardship, sometimes they don’t get the full picture:
1) Pay to Play Platforms
Some platforms crowd out competition and create profits for large brokers (like supermarket “slotting fees”)
2) Incentive Misalignment
Incentive compensation plans that only pay 1st year misalign commissions with the extended period of service delivery.
3) Heaped Compensation
This leads brokers to opt for “heaped” vs. level compensation, which can run as high as 75% for certain products.
4) Low Claims Ratios
Heaped compensation in year 1 also forces insurance companies to seek low loss ratios for future years to earn their target ROI.
5) Contingent Income
Further exacerbating the problem, many brokers also accept additional contingent bonuses based upon program profitability.
6) Suppress Transparency
All of this leads to reluctance by the insurance industry to transparently report claims and compensation due to poor optics.
7) Consulting Bank
Excessive Comp in year 1 creates a “bank” for services controlled by the broker; eventually bank balances run low…
8) Enrollment Flywheel
So face-to-face enrollment firms, often owned by the broker, are engaged to periodically re-enroll your employees with new carriers.
9) Carrier Hopping
…and then brokers recommend changing carriers every three years to chase heaped compensation once again – it’s a vicious cycle.
Compensation Erodes Employee Value.
BeneRe’s model disrupts the status quo.
In the traditional model, commissions are high and the lower the claims, the higher the profits for the insurance industry.
BeneRe’s model fundamentally changes the way the game is played. Commissions come down, transparency goes up and the lower the claims, the higher the dividend for reinvestment for employees.
Typically employees receive a 10% cost reduction, strong enhancements to plan designs and employers receive dividends for benefits reinvestment. Employees are the biggest winners in the BeneRe model.
Putting Distributions to Work
We believe that value and transparency are what everyone deserves.
Benefits of Participating Members include:
Three important things to keep in mind:
1. Employees win first via better plans at better prices or we don’t proceed.
2. Employers get quarterly reports that allow them to track BeneRe’s performance.
3. All underwriting gains go back to the employer’s plans for reinvestment in programs.
“We had been frustrated by a total lack of transparency. Not anymore.”
– Fortune 200 CHRO
“What am I missing here… why wouldn’t everyone do this?”
– Fortune 500 CFO
“Our employees received much better plans at much better prices.”
– Large Healthcare Head of Benefits
Get In Touch
Paul S White,
Executive Vice President
Paul White is an Executive Vice President and employee benefits consultant with AssuredPartners of WV. Paul has been working closely with employers helping them purchase and manage their benefits for over 25 years. In addition to his consulting work, Paul has been very involved in the insurance industry including, but not limited to:
- Faculty staff for the National Alliance employee benefits designation
- Past president of the Charleston Association of Insurance and Financial advisors
- Past chairman of the National Intersure Employee Benefits conference
- Member and past board member of the National Association of Health Underwriters
- Member of the National Advisory Council for Zywave,
- and Paul is a current member of his company’s (AP) National Benefits Committee.
In addition to his business associations, Paul is passionate about serving his community. He has been an active member and current board director of the Charleston Rotary Club, has served many roles within the United Way including allocations chair and board chair. Paul has served the CAMC foundation fundraising committees and is a member of the Black Diamond Girl Scouts board development committee. Currently, Paul is a proud member of the University of Charleston Board of Trustees where he serves as chair of the Vitality Committee.
Paul earned a BA from West Virginia University and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Charleston. He is a Certified Insurance Counselor, Certified Health Reform Specialist, and a Certified Worker’s Compensation Counselor.
Born and raised in Beckley, WV, Paul has called Charleston home for over 25 years. He is married to Raye King White and they have 3 grown children and 6 loving grandchildren – all living within a mile of them. Paul says while they are officially “empty nesters”, most days they have more kids running around their house than ever before! And they say they wouldn’t have it any other way!!